I want everyone to enjoy the food I make so that means vegan and vegetarians too.... Please enjoy this recipe for vegan cupcakes... Yummers
Vegan Red Velvet Cup Cakes
Makes 20-22 cupcakes
2 cups soy milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 ounces red food coloring
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup margarine, room temperature
½ cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
1. Mix together vinegar and soy milk in a small bowl and set aside to curdle.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add vegetable oil, food coloring, and vanilla to the soy milk and vinegar mixture. Mix well.
4. Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
5. Allow to cool before you add the frosting.
1. In a large mixing bowl cream together margarine, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add in the sifted confectioner's sugar into the creamed cheese mixture.
3. Continue to beat with your hand mixer until fluffy.
4. Frost your cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Chef Lovely Tip
Garnish your cupcakes with toasted walnuts to give crunch and additional flavor
Recipe by Chef Lovely of Lovely Eats
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
I have been hand selected to be apart of the Sears Chef Challenge >>> http://www.searschefchallenge.com/ <<<
See me cook live at the following Sears stores:
Aug 14th - 1900 West Lawrence Chicago, IL 60640
Aug 21st - 6153 South Western Chicago, IL 60636
Sept 4th - 1334 East 79th Chicago, IL 60619
Sept 11th - 1601 N. Harlem Ave. Chicago, IL 60707
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Much Love to The Ford Fiesta Chicago Teams... They allowed me to pull up to the kitchen is style! Also, thank you to radio personality UB Rodriguez from 107.5 WGCI for cooking with me! Enjoy!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Sieger by Furstenberg Sip of Gold Champagne Cup Cushion Pattern, 24 carat Gold on Black painted porcelain. Gold. Its radiance places it close to the sun. Its everlasting sheen makes it stand out as pure glamour. Sieger pays homage to the legendary material with a champagne goblet made of finest Furstenberg porcelain. Modern gold prospectors will discover an aura of magic and endless desire in it. Because when the goblet is raised for drinking, hundreds of reflections sparkle to create the beguiling impression of liquid gold.
Menu Water Pitcher. This new water carafe from Menu is tall, slim and simple - specifically created for the purpose it was intended. There can be little doubt that the jug is for pouring water, not wine. The slender, waist-like shape provides a solid grip and the elegant lid comes with a mechanism which automatically opens when you pour, ensuring that foreign objects stay out and ice cubes, slices of lemon and mint leaves stay in.